The Beginner’s Guide Learn Simple Easy Practical Ways How To Open & Balance Up Your Throat Vishuddhi (Fifth) Chakra
How to Heal & Balance
A Simplified Guide Practical to see and speak your inner truth
Everything in our universe has radiating energy, from the biggest mountain to ocean, to the smallest blade of grass, to each cell in our body. All of our cells release energy in different ways, and different cells will release different kinds of energy depending on where they located within the body and what their work is. It should come as no surprise, then, that given the specialized nature of your body’s energy, there are several different channels located on the main points of the body in which energy can flow in and out in a continuous stream. These are called the chakras.
This compelling, beautiful and practical information by Shiva Girish where we invite readers to begin from a profound understanding about Throat (Vishuddhi) chakra which is a center of Truth, this chakra one starts speaking the truth with thoughtfulness, honesty, discrimination, and fearlessness. Through this chakra, one can influence people with peaceful speech. When this chakra is open and balanced, one can share their state of mind with others while nourishing the other’s mind through kind words. Since all relationships rely on honest, open, direct communication, this is the prime chakra to make relationships harmonious in your life. With calm thoughts, an open heart, and with clear, effective communication, this chakra is related to freedom. Until this chakra is fully active, there are feelings of restrictions, anxiousness and lack of liberty. When this chakra blocked, it is common for throat problems to manifest. The Sanskrit word “Vishuddhi” mean’s purification. “Shuddhi” means cleansing and “Vishuddhi” means complete cleaning.
The throat chakra meanings are associated with speaking, hearing, listening and communicating. This chakra essence is all about the notion of ‘speaking’ especially in a metaphysical sense, and with hearing in a psychic sense.
It is basically to do with communication and self-expression. The throat chakra not only manages the health of the physical throat but also the etheric areas it directs.
The more complex ideas of communicating such as hearing your inner sound, and the energy of speech which serves you with speaking your truth related to the throat chakra. The throat chakra is about the expression of yourself: Your purpose in life, truth, creativity. Note that this chakra has a natural connection with the second chakra or sacral chakra, center of emotions and creativity as well. The throat chakra’s stress is on expressing and projecting the creativity into the world according to its perfect form or authenticity.
Throat chakras also connect you to the spirit. Because of its location, often seen as the “bottleneck” in the energy body.
How Does a Chakra Work?
A chakra is a wheel, but it operates like a ball of energy interpenetrating the physical body. The chakras are not physical; you can’t see them on an X-ray or any scanners. They are pieces of consciousness, and they interact with the physical and energetic body through two major vehicles, the nervous system, and the endocrine system. Each chakra associated with one of the nine endocrine glands, and also with a particular group of nerves, called a plexus, this makes them essential components in healing. Each one of chakra matches with particular parts of the body and specific purposes within the body compared by that plexus or that endocrine gland, which is the key to understanding how chakra healing devices work.
The chakras represent the parts of your consciousness and your physical body. All the senses, perceptions, and possible states of awareness divided into seven categories, and all these groups associated with a particular chakra. When you feel the tension in your consciousness, you feel it in the chakra connected with the part of your consciousness experiencing the pressure, also in the parts of the physical and energy body associated with that chakra. Where you feel the weight depends on why you feel the pressure.
When you hurt in a relationship, you feel it in your heart. When there is pressure in a particular part of your consciousness, then chakra connected with that part of your consciousness.When the tension continues over a period or reaches a particular step of force, it creates a manifestation on the physical level and requires chakra healing to resolve the tension, problem, emotions, hurt.
People with activated chakras are robust and healthy. Someone with insomnia and hyperactive children has over-active Basic chakras. Individuals with less activated chakras tend to be weak and fragile. Also, older adults have severely consumed chakras, that is the reason that old people tend to shorten in size with age, their spines curve and the healing of wounds and bones slows down.
Your Energetic Frequency and Chakras
The energy of our chakras affects our physical processes through stimulation and inhibition. Remember, chakras are like wheels whose job is not only to keep energy moving but also to contract or close as a defense against negative energy. To reward for a underactive chakra, restricted, another chakra will become overactive, sending out your low-frequency vibrations at a greater rate, which then requires further balancing in the chakra healing process.
What happens when chakras are overactive and underactive?
The opening and closing of our chakras work like a dynamic guard system. A negative experience (and the low-frequency energy that comes with it) can cause the allied chakra energy to close to block that energy out. Likewise, if we are adhering to a low-calibrating feeling like prolonging the emotion, blame because we decline to deal with or move it, we close off the chakra which then needs special chakra healing techniques.
What happens when Throat chakra is overactive and underactive?
When this chakra is overactive, then you become over talkative, highly critical, unable to listen, verbally abusive.
When this chakra is underactive, then you become introverted, shy, having difficulty speaking the truth, unable to express needs.
Traditional Name: Vishuddhi Chakra
5. Throat Chakra.
Traditional name: Vishuddhi Chakra.
Layer: Etheric layer.
Location: Hollow of Throat
Ruling planet: Mercury.
Related body parts: respiratory organs; thyroid gland.
Sound: “EYE” (EYE)
Colour of the Throat Chakra:
The vishuddha (Throat Chakra) associated with the color sky blue. Sitting outside under a beautiful blue sky with the sun shining will begin to balance this chakra. It is the color of truth, loyalty, and wisdom. Lighting candles that are this color, picturing or surrounding yourself with this color will greatly benefit you if there is an imbalance.
Related glands/body parts: jaw, neck, mouth, tongue, and larynx
This chakra linked to the element of sound. Through the throat, the sound gets spread into the air, and its vibration can be felt not just in our ears, also in our whole body. It is an important instrument of communication and expression. Feelings of guilt will quickly “clog” the vishuddha, so it is important that we clear it out by speaking our inner truth.
It is the center of purification; this is where energy becomes transformed into our manifestations in this physical world. Depending on how clear or blocked this chakra will determine our successes and failures in life.
Associated Endocrine Glands & Organs
Thyroid, neck, throat, shoulders, ears, and mouth
Physical Symptoms of Unbalance
Stiffness or soreness in shoulders or neck, sore throat, hoarseness or laryngitis, earaches or infection, dental issues or TMJ, thyroid issues
How does the Throat chakra affect the body?
Throat related diseases such as loss of voice, goiter, sore throat, asthma, sterility, etc. Asthma also happens because of emotional traumas, if the person is unable to express himself/herself freely, it causes a compression of the windpipe, which could result in asthma.
It can bring shoulder pains can be caused by emotional troubles Also, too much anxiety can cause the Throat chakra to become over-activated.
It can also get vomiting from a throat infection in children can be treated by healing the Throat chakra.
Hyperthyroidism can be the reason of Vishuddhi chakra to become reddish and over-activated.
• Uphold honesty and sincerity in all activities
• Listen with patience
• Communicate truthfully
• Express words through the center of willpower
More Characteristics of the Throat Chakra:
• It is the highest realm of individuality in a human being.
• This chakra represents purity.
• Expression, in particular, ability to express your truth, to speak out
• You will feel connected with the etheric realm, the more subtle realms of spirit and intuitive abilities
• There will be tendency to create, projecting ideas and blueprints into reality
• You will realize your vocation, purpose
• You will have good sense of timing
When The Throat Chakra Is Open:
• You feel comfortable and satisfied by speaking the truth.
• One acts with the power of the owners will with self-confidence.
• Patience developed; as a result, one can compassionately listen to other people’s problems.
• It makes you feel flowing creative expression. A sense of being co-creator with the divine.
• You felt contentment and entered your mind in the present.
• You have a good sense of timing so you can be a good speaker with having a pleasant voice & good communicator.
• You become expressive and prolific.
• It makes your understanding of spiritual concepts.
• You will feel the connection with the etheric realm, the more subtle realms of spirit and intuitive abilities
• It brings propensity to create, projecting ideas and blueprints into reality
• You realize your vocation, and you get to understand the proper sense of timing.
When The Throat Chakra Is Closed:
• You are scared to talk.
• You do not express what you feel and what you need.
• You have an attitude that you do not want to upset other people.
• You may have a sore throat as a physical manifestation.
• You feel the fear of power and Ecstasy.
• It’s leading to frustration and a feeling of being a victim in life and out of tune with one’s life purpose.
• You become Self-righteous. Overly talkative.
• You become timid, too quiet, inconsistent and unreliable.
Throat Chakra is a positive polarity in men and a receptive polarity in women. It means that people can give energy from this chakra and woman can receive.
Healing with Nature:
The vishuddhi’s element is Ether. It happens through throat chakra that we can start to receive messages from the Universe. Meditating out in nature, where you allow your throat chakra to be open to all that is, will start to balance it.
Mudra for the Throat Chakra:
Cross the fingers of both hands excluding the thumbs. The thumbs should touch the tip the finger. Focus on the Throat chakra at the base of the throat. Chant the sound HAM. Benefits of practicing the mudra include an increase in faith, a better understanding of what is being conveyed by others, effective communication, and the ability to speak your truth. This mudra also channels creativity and artistic talent within.
Psychological functions of Throat Chakra:
The Throat chakra is the core of the original mind and the chakra from where a person gets knowledge. The Throat chakra used in exercises such as studying, painting, planning, etc. There is a strong relationship between the Throat chakra and the Sex chakra or Swadhishtana chakra. Throat chakra also controls the Sex chakra, and also controls and energizes the parathyroid glands, thyroid glands, the voice box, the air tube/trachea and the lymphatic system. The mouth, the salivary glands, and the esophagus controlled by the Throat chakra, the secondary Throat chakra, and the minor jaw chakras. A high Throat chakra means that the Sex chakra will also be active, that is the reason why creative people have high sex drives. The Throat chakra is the center of higher creativity; the Sex chakra is the center of natural creativity or procreation. But, healthy Sex chakra does not mean that the Throat chakra will also be powerful. This is also the reason why green prana is composed of a person when he has food. The carotid arteries going in the head are also under the area of impact of these chakras.
The role played by Fourth Chakra in our lives:
The fourth chakra is the central capital of the human energy system. Fourth chakra energy is emotional, and it helps force our emotional development. This chakra represents the spiritual lesson that teaches us how to act out of love and compassion and recognize that most powerful energy we have is love. The Throat (middle) chakra, it mediates between the body and spirit and determines their health and strength.
Primary fears: Fears of commitment, loneliness, and “following one’s heart”; fear of emotional weakness and betrayal, fear of inability to protect oneself emotionally. Loss of fourth chakra energy can give increase to anger, jealousy; bitterness, hared, and an inability to forgive others as well as oneself.
Primary strengths: Love, compassion, forgiveness, dedication, inspiration, trust, hope, and the ability to heal oneself and others.
Symbolic Connection: More than any other chakra, the fourth represents our capacity to “let go and let God.” By freeing our emotional pain, by letting go of our need to know why things have happened as they have, we reach a state of tranquility. To achieve that inner peace, we have to embrace the healing energy of forgiveness and release our lesser need for human, self-determined justice.
How to tell if your fourth chakra is out of balance or not:
• When under-active, you will fail to express yourself and will frequently be misunderstood by others.
• You will not have a voice of your own, till you find balance within the throat chakra, your life will remain the same.
You will probably be “wishy-washy” or supposed to be “flaky” or unstable by the people in your life.
The body symptoms when Throat Chakra Imbalances:
You get teeth problems, laryngitis, throat lump, sore throat, tonsillitis, thrush, jaw problems (TMJ), earaches, ear, arthritis in shoulders, painful problems, sinus infections, thyroid problems, neck problems, shoulders or arms, stress – may also show an alcohol or drug dependency.
• Telling the truth and being honest with yourself is something you will find it difficult.
• When you feel lack of control over one’s speech means your throat chakra is the imbalanced.
• Also not being able to listen to others
• When you have excessive fear of speaking
• When you experience small, imperceptible voice
• When you not being able to keep secrets, to keep your word
• Telling lies is also a sign of imbalance throat chakra
• You will feel lack of connection with a vocation or purpose in life
Throat Chakra Questions for Self-Examination:
The Throat Chakra influences your self-expression.
It deals with truth and blocked by lies.
When energy is moving towards Throat Chakra, you became dominant. This power is not physical or financial power
1. What is your definition of being `strong-willed“?
2. Who are the people in your life that have control over your willpower, and why?
3. Do you trust guidance that comes with no proof of the results attached to it?
4. Are you able to express yourself openly and honestly when you required? If not, then why not?
5. Do you attempt to control others? If yes, then who are they, and why do you need to control them?
6. Are you able to sense when you are receiving guidance to act?
7. What fears do you have connected with Divine guidance?
8. Do you pray for assistance with your plans, or are you able to say, `I will do what heaven directs me to do?
9. What makes you lose control of your willpower?
10. Do you bargain with yourself in situations in which you know you need to change, but you continually delay taking action? If so, identify those situations and your reasons for not wanting to act.